bbs kit on ebay

David Winchell wrote:

> Mine was the first bid and will hopefully be the last bid.  Unless
> some low life snipes me on this one or decides to get happy with the
> bid button. You guys be nice now and let this one go to a happy caring
> home.

There's nothing "low life" about sniping.  It's the smart way to bid on
Ebay.  Also, if you're an "early bidder" and set your maximum bid to the
most you're willing to pay for the item, then sniping doesn't matter.
If the auction goes over what you're willing to pay, then that's that -
it went for more than you're willing to pay for the item...  No
different than buying something at a store.  If the item is priced more
than you're willing to pay, you walk away...  The people who get
"sniped" are usually the ones who put in 30+ bids on an auction and bid
just enough to be top bidder everytime someone outbids them.

 From my point of view, bidding early just drives the price up.  Show no
interest in the item, and at the last 15 seconds or so enter a bid with
the most you're willing to pay for the item and see what happens.  If
you bid early and keep bidding to be high bidder you're letting emotions
enter into your decisions, and you'll end up paying more that you should
have.  Bidding wars tend to drive up the price higher than the item is
worth because people get "auction fever"...

That said, don't worry, I won't "snipe" the auction - that kit won't fit
on a Mk1...  :)

Mark.
75
77