various Scirocco stuff

Did you see the front of the cat? When I rodded mine the rattling was from a
fist sized piece rolling in the front of the cat. The back looked fine.
----- Original Message -----
From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 5:59 AM
Subject: various Scirocco stuff

OKay, just a few things, nothing earth shattering.

1. My condolences to Rich Deede, my God that had to be a tough ad to type,
selling the parts to that beautiful car. Best wishes with finding a buyer
Rich.
2. Honda spanking is a really wonderful thing! One of my regular (Honda)
buddies at the track and I went down the track side by side. I'm usually a
lot slower, but not now. The surprised look on her face as we raced, and
the comment at the end after I smoked her (What did you do???) were
sweetness beyond words. Klaus is now nearly two seconds faster in the
quarter, thanks to his "extensive cam swap". He'll really scream with a
proper exhaust. Again thanks to my sponsor, "MacPherson Race Specialties",
for the engine loan. The depressing part is my 16V was only a second
faster, pathetic.
3. The 16V. Well, it had it's "catectomy" yesterday, and the cat wasn't
broken or melted inside as I'd suspected, but there isn't a lot of light
shining through it either, there's a fair amount of linty looking crap in
it. Anyway, it's off for now, I'm gonna have to cook up something since
the straight pipe won't pass the visual, so any suggestions are welcome.
It seems to be happier at the top, but I'm not saying anything till I see
those low 15s at the track again. And I did notice a sound, it's the same
sort of sound I used to get with the headers on my Firechicken back in the
day, and this exhaust made it when it was new too, sort of a harmonic gas
flow sound I guess. Anyway, it's back. Hopefully it's a good sign. And
there was a nice pool of gas under the inspection plate when I got it
home, so there is still a leakage issue, at least now I know where. So
I'll dry that off and go for a hot run with Denny in the back to see if
its the O ring or the lines into the tank that are leaking.
4. Just a reminder, I'm having a dyno day, $65 CDN for three pulls (that's
like $40 USD?), on Aug 14th. If you want to roll your baby, LMK so I can
book the numbers. The dyno's in Oakville ON.