16x7.5 Wheels

Leach, Michael wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I have 16x7.5 Borbets on my MK2 with 205-45-16 Bridgestone Potenza
> RE-910's and they rock.  The speedo is not even thrown off with this
> combination.  I can not speak for a MK-1 but I have no rubbing issues
> at all with this combo and my Bilstein and H+R suspension.  The 45
> versus the 40 makes them a little more forgiving on the potholes and
> ride quality too!!!

My friend Sean runs 16x7.5's with 205-45-16 tires as well on his 85 8v,
and has no rubbing issues (Eibach sportlines w/ tokikos).  The 45 series
tire looks better imho - the wheelwell is filled perfectly, without the
tires looking like "slivers".  Much better looking than the 40's he was
running before, not to mention the extra protection of a taller sidewall...

Mark.
75
77
80 S