From: Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
Sent: Jul 27, 2004 5:23 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: RE: tire size and other wheel questions

Awesome info, thanks. Sounds like you and I are on the same page when it comes to tires. For price, I'm shooting for under $100 each and hopefully around $75 each. Good to know about the curvy vs. straight pattern for the BFGs. I do see rain now and then, though it's usually pretty short-lived. Do you have your car lowered any? Any rubbing issues?

Dan

daniel savatteri <yoscirocco@hotmail.com> wrote:
Check out tire rack. I just bought a pair of BFGoodrich G-force TA's in
205/40/16's. They were $71 a piece but thats about the best price your
going to find. They have some other tires that are a little cheaper but
your not going to get the quality of the BFG's. Any 40 profile tire is'nt
going to last you that long but I found that BFGs are usually the best in
that catagory. I've never had these tires before but the Comp TA's i had
were great and lasted a really long time on 17" rims, a lot longer than the
Yokohama AVS ES 100's im using now. If you get the BFG's make sure you get
the straight tread pattern, the curvy pattern tires definitly do not last as
long as the straight patterns and hydroplan like a hover craft.