OT: GTI mk1 windshield moldings

Hiya,
  I don't have much to offer in the way of Roc's, but I do have a question about sourcing a molding for the windshield of my GTI..

  I just got it back from the body shop to repair a few rust holes around the windshield, and the fella that did the job appears to have done it right.  I had a molding before, but it could not be re-used.  The previous glass installer put the windshield closer to the opeing to use this trick (multiple meaing) molding.  It looked nice, but over time, that urethane gave way, and the water began to flow.   The windshield now sits too deep in its cavity to use it again.  Anyone have any previous experience, or suggestions on where I may search?

Thanks very much for your attention...

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---