Something funny

This is exactly why we will continue on the roller-coaster economy that we
have had the last 20 years.  What I mean by that is that by your post it
looks like your gonna vote John Heins-Kerry and let him screw things up
again like Clinton did.  Granted we had a decent economy during Clinton's
term but we were headed to recession before he left office and as far as I
can see since NO president can turn an economy around in a few months or
even a couple years, Clinton rode a promising economy due to e-commerce that
started during the first Bush administration.  Now that the economy is on
the upward swing, yet again, the unsupported assumptions such as "a
purchased college degree" or "a crap load of obligations to major
corporations" will be taken to heart when voting and we'll get another Big
Government democrat spender in there to help it go to crap again by the end
of his administration.  Not to worry though, there is a Republican around
the corner (after Kerry) to help us get on the right track but only to be
screwed up again by the following democrat spender.

Before you argue that Bush spent a LOT as well, you should consider what he
had to deal with.  His 4 year term wasn't just kicking back and adjusting
the interest rate a few points to stimulate things and running off to camp
David with an intern, he had to deal with a economy headed for recession
along with all the problems 9/11 caused.  Most people seem to forget what
happened after 9/11--no flights anywhere, business going bankrupt left and
right (BIG ones), unemployment skyrocketed, smoldering piles of twisted
steel and ash in the middle of NY city with thousands of bodies inside
reminding us that we are not safe even on our own soil--it was surely a
nightmare and I couldn't even imagine what type of things Bush had to deal
with.  I really REALLY have a hard time thinking that Bush was kicking back
thinking "Awesome, a reason to invade Iraq and take their oil then I can get
my buddy's company in there and make a bundle rebuilding everything--all
this and it will only cost us about 10,000 innocent lives--Cool!!".  No one
in their right mind would do this.  And remember who your accusing, George
W. Bush, bible thumping, abortion apposing, stem cell research apposing
family man who is probably one of the most moral presidents we have had in
U.S. history.  So, the spending Bush did, hmmm, maybe we shouldn't of had
the tax cut that everyone enjoyed even the liberals, or maybe we shouldn't
of went to war even though all the liberals were pushing for it and voting
for it.  I know, we never should of given money to all the 9/11 survivors
cause, ya know there isn't a democrat in the world that would want to give
money or benefits to the down trodden.

It would be a tough call.  Most of us think of a President as some super
hero do everything right or else kind of person but they are only people
like you and me.  What would you have done if you came into an economy that
was headed for disaster then get hit by the biggest terrorist attack in
history killing more innocent civilians than any other act on U.S. soil.
And every U.S. citizen sitting by their TV's and radio's waiting to hear
what our fearless leader was going to do about it.  What would you do??
When I have doubts about someone deciding something that somehow effects me
(or not) I try to put myself in their shoes.  Even then, do we know what
Bush had to deal with?  What type of intelligence was coming in (we're
starting to understand that now), what pressures were coming from where and
from who and his feelings about how the U.S. would take whatever he decided?
Even a more scary scenario, what would Gore have done???  Even if the
election was stolen (which I don't believe) was it for the better?  Would
you of liked to have Gore in the Whitehouse when all this came down???

I am not a huge fan of everything Bush has done but given the two options I
don't think there is a question which one is the right choice.

Hopefully if anyone has any rebuttals there will be some facts to back it
up.  If you doubt any of what I wrote here please investigate before
spouting off.  You may be surprised at what you find.

Man what a vicious circle, I just wish I wasn't the recipient of this
dreaded game!

Dave