got shocks?

> From: chris gonzalez <chris24g@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2004/07/22 Thu PM 01:05:28 EDT
> To: Sciroccolist <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: got shocks?
>
> The shorter wheelbased CRX will be tough to outcorner. I do have a
> racer's secret for you though. A friend of mine who races shims the
> rear wheels in his rabbit so they are toed out. This makes the car
> oversteer very easily. I got to drive it at the track and couldn't
> believe a VW could handle like this. Hard in a corner, lift, and the
> car would oversteer *immediately* like a RWD car, then back on the
> throttle (which is unnatural at first) and it would stop rotating and
> drift.

This is with shims?  As in the shims that you would put on inbetween the spindles and the rear axle?

On that train of thought, I have always wondered how wheel spacers affect handling.  Would they have a similar affect?  I am refering to nothing larger than 10 mm...

Thanks,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---