A/C engine idle questions

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Jeff Toomasson
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 9:35 PM
To: David Guido; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: A/C engine idle questions

My guest would be to beef up your grounds!

You're welcome!  :)

JT

It should depend on the year, but there are either one or two idle air
contorl solenoids on the passenger strut tower.  You might check to see if
you have them at all, they will be connected to the air ports that will
eventually connect to the bellows at the throttle body.  Trace back from
there...  If you do have them, check to see if the connections to them are
good.  I know they are triggered by a signal from the coil, but I do not
really know how they work beyond that...

HTH

David