brakes

> From: Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca>
> Date: 2004/07/21 Wed PM 04:24:30 EDT
> To: Anthony Pelletier <vwnuts@yahoo.com>
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: brakes
>
> Try some Mintex Redbox pads.  They rock.  I pick up a set every year at
> Waterfest, from Adirondack, for $27 (4).  Coincidentaly that's about the
> lifespan I get out of them.  They don't last quite as long as stock
> pads, but they're fairly easy on the rotors, and don't squeal at all.
> They work great, even the first stop on a cold day.  They are great for
> autocross, and even work well for track days (although after 5 or so
> HARD laps on race rubber they start to fade just a bit at the end of
> long/hard braking zones - a slower 'cool down' lap and they're good to
> go again.  With stock tires I don't think fade would even be an issue)
>
> Mark.
> 75
> 77
> 80 S
> 81 S
> 81 S  2.0L ABA/JH  winterbeater/tow vehicle
> 81 S  1.9L rust free CA DD (a Canadian citizen for 2 whole days!)
> 81 Caddy

Hey Mark,
  Actually, I do not like my Mintex reds that much.  I will be going back to my metalmasters when I get the 16V front brakes on my GTI.  I read that they have a new 'ultra' model of that line that is the ultimate shiz...  I had the old metal masters on the other GTI, and the -only- complaint I had was that the first stop was weak, and then after that it was fine...  I miss those quite a bit...

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---