Straightening bent rims

straightening non-spoked alloy wheels is much easier than tweaking on bike
wheels for hours on end. here in charleston they love to slap a 1-2" thick
plate down whenever they do maintenance under/across the road. they appear
at random, and almost exactly where i happen to be driving the rieger
(murphys law i suppose). anyhow, i end up straightening a bend or 2 every
month or so. its easy.

Al

I can vouch for this. They just put one of those darn things on the bridge
to James Island.  I didn't see it the first time and the wheels didn't like
the impact at 75. For some reason our city thinks these are the shiznit.
Gotta cut a whole in the road?... Get a 2" steel plate and cover it for a
few weeks... Lets put some big a$$ bolts in there as well to hold it down so
it doesn't move... I have to avoid the bridge one every time I come home.

Dave Winchell, fellow Charlestonian and frequent avoider of huge steel
plates.

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com
87 16V Scirocco