Lower temps = good

Welp, I think I've finally licked my over-heating issue.  Basicly I've had
this issue for a little over a year where my water temps displayed that I
was close to overheating, but the oil temps said I wasn't.  So I've replaced
just about everything.  Water pump, T-stat, temp sender, coolent, you name
it I prollie replaced it.  It hasn't helped.

A month ago a blew the rad, replaced it and still no difference.  So last
week I relaced the coolent with the fancy pink stuff from VW and a nice 160
degree t-stat.  Still no difference in the temp guage.  So I checked the
temp sender for the first time in a year and WTF, the center is wiggly.  A
quick trip to germanautoparts.com and yesterday the new sender arrived,
shove it in the block today, go for a spin, and I'm feeling much better.
After ocming off the highway, temps used to reach just over the 3/4 mark and
wouldn't hardly come back down any where near the halfway point.  Now, I'm
barely making it over the 1/2 mark while doing 90+ down the highway.
Sititng in stop and go yeilds about the same temps, though slightly cooler.
SO I'm feeling much better, oh and the temp sender I got before this one was
purchased at Autozone, so umm.... that was my mistake.  Anyway, thought I'd
share.  Next project, motormounts and downpipe replacement.  My pre-pressed
passenger mount from TT arrived on Thursday so I'm almost ready.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v
71' Karmann Ghia