LaTrobe, PA & Berkeley, CA

brett cooke wrote:
  >> From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
>> To: car <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>> Subject: LaTrobe, PA
>> Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>> Anyone heading to the Rolling Rock Town Fair at the end of the month?
>>
>> -Mike
>> '86 red 16v (Red 5) <- not going
>

>> who's playing this year? i went a couple of years ago when stp was
> headlining. excellent show, but bring $$
>
> So Sayeth The Hitman

Small trivia:

Here in the Bay Area, Berkeley, CA to be exact, we have a microbrew
that started out as 'Roaring Rock' after a famous boulder up above
Cal-Berkeley.

The Rolling Rock guys made them change the name of the company because
it was too similar so now they are known as 'Triple Rock' after the
three main versions of brew- Pinnacle Rock, Red Rock and Black Rock.

(Red is my favorite, I like most all types of Red Beers, but the Black
Rock is my favorite in terms of lapel pins.)   ;])

They are on Shattuck, north of University Ave and I believe are owned
by the same guys who run Jupiter, down the way and they play jazz some
nights of the week in the back patio.

All this to say (trivia be damned) we might want to land here after a
Rocs in the Fog gathering.  Hah! On Topic.

A Scirocco caravan down Telegraph Ave would be a wonderful photo op
for the Org archives.

TBerk
serial thread hijacker