Waterfest... plans...or lack there of...

Jeff Toomasson wrote:

>>Mark.
>>75
>>77
>>80 S
>>81 S
>>81 S  2.0 ABA/JH
>>+ new additions:
>>  81 S  Picking up at Waterfest
>>  81 Caddy
>

> Holy sh*t, Mark!  What's going on over there? SIX mk1's??? Why don't you just
> drive out to California and get a _clean_ one!  :p

Soon to be 7, but why stop there?!?  :)  Actually the car I'm picking up
at Waterfest IS a California car (Nathan Lowe's recently migrated Mk1).
     It looks to be solid, but needs paint and a bit of TLC.  Overall
though it looks to require the least amount of work for a good daily
driver out of "the fleet", so I've held off my plans on the last 81 S I
picked up in order to make Nathan's car look "pretty".  I'm tired of
driving around in POS looking cars - even though most of the Mk1's I've
been driving for 14+ years have been mechanically very sound (I'm the
type who would rather have a nice runner than a nice body if I have to
choose only one).  I've even gone as far as finding a replacement seat
for the rough looking one for it!  I can't imagine that I'll actually be
driving a car that looks good on the outside, inside, AND under the
hood...  Can't wait!  Maybe I can actually have pride-of-ownership with
this one!  What's that?!?  :)

I'd REALLY love to take a trip out west sometime in the next year to
pick up a shell.  The farthest west I've been is Kansas City, MO.  I'm
itching to see some "real" mountains!  I love road trips, so all I need
is an excuse (hint: cheap, solid Mk1 shell) to hit the road...  Have
dolly, will travel!  :)

Later,

Mark.
75