seating injectors

> From: "E.Noval" <aion@sdf.lonestar.org>
> Date: 2004/07/06 Tue AM 01:52:31 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: seating injectors
>

> I got some new injector seals, cleaned my injectors.
> Does anyone have advice on re-seating them?
>
> They need to go in about 1/2 inch, but they don't seem to want to
> seat without some serious pressure or lube of some sort.
>
> Any advice?
>
> tx,
> Ed

They will need serious pressure, but the only lube you should use would be chemtool, or something similar.  If you use oil, one cough from the engine and out they pop, ask me how I know!  Chemtool or brake clean works great, just spray it on and -quickly- insert it.  Should be fine...

HTH

David

BTW--  I am a dork, I still have not removed the panel you needed.  Do you still need it?

---Chrome don't get you home.---