How to extract CIS box harness through mk1 rain tray?

>I'm on the verge of removing the entire fuse box and wiring harness
>and wondering the correct way that this can be done. There's no way
>in hell that the harness plug will go through the rain tray (the
>harness plug that plugs into the Scirocco equivalent of Big Blue
>:), so I assume the plug/connector can be removed somehow...Or does
>it have to be removed from the fusebox and pulled out the other way?
>
>Anyone with experience with this?
>
>thx, Jeff

As Allyn previously pointed out, the unmolested connector does in
fact fit through that hole.
I would only add that this job can be made _tons_ easier by heating
the wiring harness with
a heat gun.  Not to the point of melting or anything, just enough to
make it flexible and
workable.  You won't be as tempted to hack it in half if you do that. :)

==Brett