Checking Spindles

Bryan,
 First, the Scirocco has no frame and I doubt if you bent the body by hitting a curb: the lower control arm usually absorbs the brunt of the impact.  You might have moved the forward mounting point for the control arm, however.  If so, a professional frame shop can pull it back into location for you.
 The 'Roc has no front spindle.  (It does have a rear spindle, however.)  I assume you mean the bearing carrier?   It probably is not bent, so your lower control arm mount point just may be out of position. The struts usually don't bend because the upper mount is not rigid and will allow the strut to "swing" rather than bend.
Have an alignment shop check out the alignment and the control arm mounting point....

Larry

  Hello again,

  Thanks to the great help of the list, and Patrick, I got my spindle off
  today.  I took it off because i think i bent it, is there any way to find
  out if i did?  The reason i'm checking this is because I hit a curb.  I
  changed my control arms, but camber could not be set, the very closest it
  would come would be 5 degrees off, if i used my bubble thing correctly.  I'm
  gonna check the strut housing for any bends.  I managed to put a nice kink
  in my driveshaft when i did this...  Do you guys think i may have bent the
  frame ?  Where the control arm was bent, there is a mark on the frame, i'll
  get some pics to show you what i'm talking about...

  Thanks

  Bryan
  81 Volkswagen Scirocco