Scirocco for sale

Josh,

Noticed you mentioned that the Tranny was rebuilt twice.
Is the tranny having a hard time holding up to the turbo?

Wondering why you used a 95 Jetta tranny with a 98 Passat engine?
Why not a 98 Passat Tranny?

I dont know the difference between the
95/98 Tranny. Maybe you chose it for a reason.

Beautiful job all round.

Cheers,
Ed

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Benjamin Harder wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 08:17:07 -0800 (PST)
> From: Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com>
> To: Josh <mkii@charter.net>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Scirocco for sale
>
> Josh!
>
>  Have you lost your mind!?  Selling the beast of a rocco that
> you are finally getting tuned and completed?  What gives?
>
> 'tis a nice car... just very curious what has changed your mind
> about keeping it and all.
>
> How's Reno?
>
> Ben
>

> --- Josh <mkii@charter.net> wrote:
> > Im having to put my beast on the market.
> >
> > http://www.parts4vws.com/registry/registry_detail.asp?MemberCarID=133
> >
> > Basically what is listed here. It doesn't include the stereo system. The
> > engine bay is not quite the same, but it is close, some parts have been
> > powder coated.
> >
> > the engine was rebuilt about 3k miles ago, the tranny was redone about 4k
> > miles ago. There are a couple new tires to go with it also, along with a
> > brand new front wheel to replace a bent one.
> >
> > problems: needs new exhaust manifold gasket / needs new clutch / needs to go
> > on a dyno and get re-tuned / corner of rear bumper has a small scrape / wire
> > to drivers side door pop isn't a heavy enough gauge and needs to be re-run.
> >
> > It was appraised about a year ago for 19k, prior to the stand alone
> > management and some other work.
> >
> > only real offers need respond :P
> >
> > transporting to buyer available in the US.
> >

> > Josh

         ^
        * *
       *   *