Tricks for valve retainer keepers?

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Neal Tovsen wrote:

> I'm sure it does! When we move into a 5,000 sq/ft barn like you've got,
> it'll be the first thing on my list. Until then, I'll have to let my CAR
> take up that space. :P

Nah - the shop's only 40 X 60, and of that only 40X24 is cemented (that
will hopefully change this spring, as I'd like to cement the rest of the
floor)  It's pretty well full of cars, tractors and other assorted farm
equipment all the time too... :) The barn is storage only.

> Anybody got a line on the VW valve spring compressor pictured in the
> Bentley? Kind of a prybar-looking contraption. That looks useful...and
> doesn't consume 10 sq/ft of floor space when not in use.

These are a must-have for when you're doing head work with the engine on
the car (valve stem selas for example)  It's on my list of tools to build.
I have a pattern for making one that I donwloaded off the net somewhere -
but I can't put my hands on it.  I'll post a link or send a copy once I
do.  In the mean time, I borrow one from the local VW shop when I need it.

Drew

--
|  84 Wolfsburg Edition TurboDiesel Scirocco  |