From: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>
To: "David Utley" <mr.utility@highstream.net>; "Allyn"
<amalventano@sc.rr.com>
Cc: "Brett VanSprewenburg" <brett@netacc.net>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: Progressive rate springs-- was coilovers, epoxy, etc...

> So, from the litte research I've done, Neuspeed is the only company that
makes progressive springs? And Neuspeed springs are no longer made by H&R
correct?  Can the new Neuspeed product be trusted as much as the old?  I'm
very close to actually purchasing a set of springs. I was going to go with
H&R Sports, but I've heard on multiple occasions that progressives are the
way to go without going to coil-overs...

> Thx, JT
>
> David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:
> I agree, and that is why I like them... It is as if the car knows what
kind
> of mood I am in... :-) And they say we anthropomorphize our cars.... :-P
> --
> Regards,
> David Utley
> -----------
> Cable Volkswagen
> 405-470-3129
> 1-800-522-6793
>

> Quoting Allyn :
>
> > > I see that the kit in question has a linear rate spring, which begs
the
> > > question: What are the benefits of a progressive rate spring over a
> > linear,
> > > and vice-versa? Is there one that is more beneficial for coil-overs?
And
> > how
> > > about standard struts?
> >
> > ok, the idea behind progressive rates are that you can use them on a
daily
> > driver and drive failry comfortable while keeping pretty good response
when
> > at the limit in hard turns, hard braking, etc. i've ran a set (neuspeed)
for