Coilovers $195 for all A1's) Spring quality?

I realy could care less about this whole blasted epoxy thing... a pox on epoxy : )

My only reservation would be on spring quality, remember w(HOR)e springs? It seems like the required technology to produce high quality (read non-sagging) springs would necesitate (sp?) a higher product price.

If I can be assured that the springs are of decent quality I would most certainly spring for a set.

Anson - grand master punster

eperson <eperson@students.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>From what I can gather from the instructions on that site, the epoxy is mostly
to hold the threaded sleeve in place and centered on the shaft rather than to
fully support the load from the springs. It doesnt look like they even strip
the paint off the struts before epoxying, so that would seem that they are not
intending it to support the whole weight of the car. It seems that the old
spring perches are what the sleeves rest on and presumably provide support.
The back ones dont even get epoxy, only the fronts. Its a bit hard to tell
from the small pictures and somewhat vague descriptions, but I believe that's
what they are trying to say. I was also skeptical of the durability issues
for daily driving use, and I would feel better if the epoxy wasnt carrying all
the load. I will agree that there are some great epoxy available, but I would
only trust them if applied with very careful surface preparation, and with
accurate tolerances between the strut housing and sleeve.
This is IMHO, if anyone read it differently, let me know,

Eric Person
86.5 16v