what type of oil is better, what about filters?

David, here's a good site with oil filter tear town tests on it.  No flow tests however...

<http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html>

Doug C.

p.s. thanks for the help diagnosing the oil leak problem on my cabby, it's getting a new oil pump this weekend and new metal filter flange gasket :)