(OT)I would like to ask you all a question...(Long)

I doubt that anyone really has a problem with you (and, no, your signature has nothing to do with it).  Email has a tendency to neutralize any intended tone and ultimately people often tend to read the type of tone they feel like.

My assessment is this:  You have been conveying your experiences. Yet by even the mere wording you chose, you've either made a direct statement, expressed an opinion or maybe even offered up a theory. Basically, if someone's had a conflicting experience to something you've made a direct statement to, they may refute you a little emphatically than say if you said the same thing prefaced by "in my experience"...

As you mentioned, you may be a little more paranoid about it than necessary. Trust me - you will really know when someone's pissed at you.

HTH, Jeff

David Utley <mr.utility@highstream.net> wrote:

.. I realize that I have only been on the list for a relatively short period
of time, and that I may just be paranoid, thinking I am stepping on toes when
I am not... Regardless of that, I would like everyone that has an opinion on
this to send me a note with their thoughts...

My question is this---Is my signature a problem?

The reason I ask, is it seems that although I have been in the automotive
biz in one capacity or another for the last 12 years, it seems like I get an
unusual amount of flack for the statements I make. I most certainly do not
have the market cornered on the truth, and if I have given anyone that
impression, let me put that idea to rest right now. I only try to relay the
experience I have had if it seems like it is pertinent to the list.

Although I do not drive a scirocco at the moment, I look forward to the time
when I can. When I drove the one I bought in June (rust bucket, barely ran
right, wobbly wheels/tires), I could tell that I will enjoy driving it more
than the GTI... I mean this car is a hulk, but I could tell the handling is
better, as well as the overall feel. I should say that the GTI I am comparing
it to is in very good shape, all new suspension bushings, firm motor, etc.,
and here I would prefer to drive this lump 'o shite over that... But I
digress...

I think I have mentioned before that I am here for two reasons: 1) To learn
all that I can of sources for those specific Scirocco parts that can not be
found easily, and 2), to try to share what I have learned over the last 200K
miles of driving, working on, and studying of these cars...

I apologize for the use of bandwith, but I am feeling a bit stressed about how
I am percieved on this list, and would like to resolve it if it is an
issue... Thanks for your attention...

David

And no, I am not gay, either. But I am occassionally happy... :-)