what type of oil is better, what about filters?

  Over-oiling is no doubt a problem in some cases, true...  However, there is
a lot of dicussion in the Ford Mustang Groups (yeah I know, but they have MAFs
as well) is that it is actually oily cotton fibers that become dislogged from
the filers during use.  These fibers then land on the hot wire of the MAF, and
over time as this happens a few (who knows how many) times, the hotwire
becomes saturated with carbon from trying to burn off the oil/fibers.

  For those that do not know, upon starting a car that has a MAF, the hotwire
heats up to a specific temperature (I think it is something close to 1000
degrees, someone correct me if I am off).  Once the wire is hot, the computer
checks the resistance across this wire, which tells the computer what the
ambient air temperature and barometric pressure is, as well as possibly a few
other measurements that I do not recall...  With this type of system, the
computer calibrates the duration time of the injectors as well as alters the
timing relative to what information it gathers from the hotwire.  If the wire
is dirty, the resistance will be more, which will throw everything the EFI
tries to do off.

  I do not have one of these cars, so I have not experience with this, but I
have been told that once the hotwire is saturated with these oily threads, the
impedence is permanently affected, and therefore the MAF is unuseable...  Does
anyone have any experience with cleaning these once they have reached this
point?

--
Regards,
David Utley