what type of oil is better

Well assuming your living where temperatures where its like freezing, I
would suggest looking at the user manual of your car and compare the
temperature range and select the appropriate rate of viscosity for your car.
There is not much of a difference between 10ww30/10w40.

I always worry about people that tell me to use 10w30 in a car (wife did
that when I got the scirocco from her) and her simple explanation was, the
oil light would never go out unless the 10w390 oil was in the car... of
course I put 20w50 (recommended in hot weather) oil and the light came on...
after verification I changed the oil pump and the light when out, 178K on a
single oil pump was the determining factor. I would investigate why you are
told to use 10w30.

PS: all vw's run 10w40 now from factory (newer models because of them being
low friction engines), but if it a scirocco, 20w50 in summer, 10w30/40 in
winter is fine.

I use a Kamei X1 13" stering wheel and aside from trying to turn whithout
moving forward *no power steering) there is not much of a difference
really.. for comfort zone though if my car was a daily driver, Iwould keep
the larger steering wheel, just smoother feeling, the small the steering
wheel the tigher you got top keep a grip on it... sportier the car feels.
No seriously it does feel a lot sportier with a 13" versus the 15" steeing
wheel.