Just found out I may not be loosing my Job (long)

Dude, I think I have a headache after reading that..... congratulations on hopefully not losing your job : )

Anson

Calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:
Some of you know and some of you don't know that I've been facing the
reality of joining the jobless for a while now. I work for First North
American National Bank (FNANB for short) which is owned by Circuit
City. This past May an announcement was madr that CC was looking into
all avenues of cutting costs and this entailed selling off both parts of
FNANB (Bankcard and Privatelable) or outsourcing it to
India/Phillipines/China/where ever or to just can the whole damn thing.

So since May of 2003 I've been waiting to hear what hell was going to
happen. In October we found out that they had already done testing with
outsroucing with 2 countries and neither worked very well, and then to
top it off, they made a deal to sell the Bankcard side of FNANB to
Boston Fleet Financial. Fleet was promptly bought by Bank OF America.

I work for the Private lable side of FNANB and today we found out that
we are being sold to Bank One which is currently merging with JP
Morgan. The good thing is that today I also found out that Bank One is
very interested in keeping the IT staff here at FNANB. Interested
enough that Bank Ones HR people should be here next week to introduce
themselves. The bad news is that in order for this all to happen, we
have to seperate from Circuit City's network completly. This means
buying about 13mil in new servers and networking equipment, Expanding
the PBX room at my location and re-working all routing to become self
sufficient and redundant. Normally this kind of project would take
about a year to a year and a half to compelete at a good pace. We have
untill the end of May this year to do it.

So, as it looks right now, I get to keep my job, have advancement
avenues with the new company possibly, but may not see my own home,
wife, kid, garage or much of anything untill sometime in May as I'm
almost sure I will be living here at work untill then.

So for right now, I feel great, I'm happy as hell but now have to start
working on disaster recovery plans, server migrations and a bunch of
other shite. Sorry for this being so long, but I just had to get it out
of my system.

William Snyder
--
88' Scirocco 16v (Crabby 16v)
89' Cabriolet 8v (dead bunneh) RIP 8/25/03

http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)