Rattleing and grinding comeing from the front drivetrain...Gotit !

I use my bigass breaker bar in conjunction with a pipe, I place a jackstand under the socket extension and jump on the pipe a few times... needless to say, the buggers don't come loose.

Anson

A J <asbfooh@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks again people for all the helpful info !!! , my
axle nut had come loose (I cranked it down about a
week ago) and the bearing got fried , it was a bad
site , there were shavings everywhere , I ended up
just getting a whole spindle with bearing and hub from
the yard , 26 bucks , I'll keep the old spindle and
get it set up with a new bearing and maybe some paint
, cleaned everything up and installed it back , works
great , I added lock-tite and put a split washer in
there as well , split washer is ok I would think (?)
..., I found the caliper bracket is a nice zinc gold
under all that brake dust and grime , Scirocco is good
again , got some more fender to cut away though ...
Thanks again people - Aaron in San Jose 87 16v -