New ETKA and the nasty Hardlock error

Don,

	WinRAR is a program like winZIP that compresses large files to
smaller files. It compresses better than winZIP does and so is the darling
of people that post files to the internet for others to download.

Go here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

and download version 3.20 "Graphic and command line". Install it (it's
been used for years by many so is a safe bet for being clean of "ride
along" viral program) and then after closing the installation procedure,
find the "ETKAv62-569.part01.rar" file you downloaded on and 2X clk on it.
This should open up winRAR and have it ask you where you'd like to extract
the files to. Choose a place on your hard drive that has enough room to
store it and then clk "OK".

	Once that's done you may be able to install from the files that
have been extracted (I don't know if this will work, I have only installed
ETKA from CD) or else burn the files to a CD and install it that way.
	I'm thinking of making an .iso file out of it and then using
Daemon Tools to mount the .iso so it looks like a CD and installing/using
it that way to keep my CDROMS free.

HTH

Tim

<begin geek siginiture>

Do not meddle in the affairs of troff, for it is subtle and quick to anger.

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Don Walter wrote:

> I'm not familar with the winRAR procedure.  After I download all the files what do I do?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Don

<snip>