Testing relays

A quick way to test some relays is it touch the power up pins to a 9v
battary. Since the relays in your car are 12v, 9v should make them click.
You could hood up an Ohm meter to the switched pins to see if when the relay
clicks, it makes a good connection. I am sure there are better ways, but
this is how I found my bad fuel pump relay. Just my $.02

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)