IC questions

I've been checking out ICs for my mk1 turbo project and need some input from people with a mk1 turbo. Ideally I'd like something roughly the size of my grill (inbetween the headlights of course) to be put in front of the radiator. Long and thin pretty much. Other ones I've been looking at are http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2453006594 and http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2452822582

What kind of piping issues will I run into with this placement? Is there a better place to put one? My goal is 15psi, do I have to stick with metal end tanks? Pictures of others' mounted ICs would be great. The engine will be a bored out RD (originally 1.8 8v found in GTIs) with a cross flow head, so I don't think I'll have the same spacing as you JH people, but I am trying to go with MS which will free up a little room.

TIA,
Dan