From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Julie Macfarlane
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 11:04 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Defrosting an engine?

It hit -11 here last night. The emp gauge on the radiator shows a quick rise

in temp, meaning the radiator froze. I hear no squeel from the water pump
and the pully spins freely.
I am running the car up to the LED and then shutting off to allow the heat
to melt the other side of the radiator. Slow work...

If I leave a 60w light under the hood will that help stop the heavy freeze?
At least till tomorrow when I can get to the auto store for more anti
freeze...

(Julie is HATEING winter this year)

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v