MKII GTII

I believe they are 60amp and you can upgrade to pretty much whatever you
want but the easiest is the 90amp with the harness for the 90amp.  It is
pretty straight forward.  There really aren't any induction kits unless your
talking about turbos.  Since CIS monitors the air flow between the fuel
distributor (where the air comes in) and the throttle body you can't stick a
cold air intake on very easily but you can add a K&N air filter but I have
yet to see what the improvements are.  I always ran them but only with hopes
that they are better.  Someone tested air filters with some type of gauged
vacuum setup and the stock paper flowed better.  As far as I can remember
anyways.  The best thing to do with a stock GTI is to:

1.  Get rid of emissions junk, if you can where you live
2.  Add a larger TB (Audi 5000 or A2) and port the intake to match it.
3.  You can add a 3inch pipe between the fuel distributor and TB (PVC pipe
works well).
4.  You can try to find a Scirocco 16v lower air box and run some piping to
direct the air to the box.
5.  Cam, exhaust, porting, polishing, 2.0l, etc. etc.

There may be some cheap/easy things I am missing.

HTH!

Dave