OT: HELP! computer gurus...

while using a new p2p program (shareaza) my computer (ms xp) froze. when i
rebooted, my pri master hard drive was no longer detected.  i'm thinking i'm
sol at this point, and have no idea how to proceed. in addition to 10 gigs
of music, and tons of personal stuff that i can't even remember, i'm out
about 2 years worth of digital pics, which are needless to say
irreplaceable.  i'm guessing i'll need some sort of data recovery people,
but again, don't know where to go with this.  if anyone can help me *at
all*, please lmk. thanks,

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP