16V WOES ... HELP!!

Well, my experience has been that fixing it yourself saves time as well as
money. I'd trust the list, since dealerships that either know about these
cars, or care about them any more are scarce as hen's teeth, and they'll
chase all over trying to find the problem, and may or may not find it. But
the list? They'll know, down to the most subtle nuance of the symptoms, what
it is. $2500 should get you an engine swap, including the engine. I'd rather
spend that on some nice go fast parts, or a paint job myself. GL.
Cathy