My life with my Scirocco so far

welcome to the world of older second/third hand used vehicles.  I
believe that we have all had to endure these minor glitches along the
way. thats just what you get when you own an older car.  Some of the
problems are simply dealing with the previous owners neglect, some are
age related, and it sounds like some of yours are also your own.  We
can't fault the car for sliding through an intersection, or for our
mechanics inability to address the problems corectly and fix them right
the first time. I think that once you have completed the small quirks,
you'll find that you have a great little car.