interior clock stopped, fuse O.K.

Yesterday I removed the battery to gain better access to my K&N air filter,
which turned out to be clogged with bugs and it was a  good lesson in
entomology.  I cleaned and reoiled the filter, re-installed it, and put the
battery back in.  When I first started the car, the interior clock worked
fine.  I set the correct time and then drove around to do some errands.  But
while I was driving it started to fade, and now it is gone completely.  I
checked the fuse, but I know that is not it because everything else on that
circuit worked well.  I also checked to make sure I secured the battery
terminals well. The alternator is only a couple months old (90 amp).  Does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,

Aaron
87 16V