Shift rod bushing

In a message dated 1/5/2004 1:28:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, aaunins20@hotmail.com writes:

> I went to the stealer and was told I have to order a
> whole new bracket, not just the bushing inside it.  Is this
> true, or can I
> just order the bushing from parts4vws.com?

Hmmm, not completely true.  The shift kit that I bought was like 12 dollars and included this bushing.  I removed the bracket, drilled out the rivets, installed the new bushing and closed it up with nuts and bolts.  As far as just buying the bushing by itself I don't think you can though, I've only seen in included in the kit.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6