breather help

Double check that it is oil, if it smells funny, like fish (sort of), it's
gear oil. I can smell that from great distance. Most likely leakage spot for
that is around the axle flanges, where the axles join the diff. BUT, in that
back corner by the airbox/bellhousing, you can get  brake fluid bouncing off
things if there are issues with the master cylinder / proportioning valve,
at least on a 16V there is enough junk in the way to spread it all over
before it drips. Best to track down which fluid it is, clean up the area,
and follow the drip up to its source. If it's engine oil out of the bottom
of the bell housing, it may be a rear main seal. Can you tell that I've had
a few leaks? The hardest to locate was when the oil temp sensor on the back
of the block leaked, it travelled way over to the PS of the engine before
making landfall!
GL, Cathy