Odd tools to use on your rocco and the Harbor Freight fairy

Well, it looks like yet again the rocco is up to it's old tricks of being
jealous of the wifes cabby.  About two weeks ago, I booted the rocco out of
the garage so that I could have my wifes totaled cabby and the new cabby in
the garage as I finished stripping the wreck and swapping the engine and
tranny out of the new one.  Since I started this, the rocco has started
spewing out from the crack case breather hose that has suddenly developed
tears.  So I'm on the lookout for a used breather hose, anyone have a spare?

Now since where I live in Ga got about 2 inches of snow/ice this week, the
wife has had the rocco since I've been in Richmond Va for work.  Wed night
she calls to let me know that when she got home from work that night, after
turning the lights off and shutting down the car, she hears a hissing noise
and like a good wife, she tracked it down.  Right down to the fuse panel
which she siad looked wet (Great, just great).  She didn't know what else to
do so she popped the hood and pulled the negative battery terminal (Have I
mentioned that I love my wife?).  So thus stopped the future post from me
asking if anyone wanted a charred 88 16v.

So I'm back now (got in late Friday since the dark kabal that I work for
realized I didn't need to be there anymore) and promptly crashed.  Get up
this morning, fuse panel still wet.  Think for a min, then think some more.
Go grab my daughters hair dryer and go to town on the car.  15 min later and
no more frying wires.  So it looks like all this list talk about windshield
seals jinxed my car.  Oh well, I've found that the hair dryer got me some
odd looks from the neighboors but overall did exactly what I wanted.

So what else do I do today since I'm on the go again.  Stop by Harbor
Freight and snag a 12 ton shop press.  Now I can do my own wheel bearings,
motor mounts, rear beam bushing and a ton of other shit without breaking my
screw drivers, vises or my hands.

Now to start the rest of the job of dropping the engine outta the cabby.
Hope everyone else is getting a chance to have some fun today.  Oh, and
someone drink a beer for me, my wife put me on that damned South Beach diet
and I can't have any grains, liquid or otherwise.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v
71' Karmann Ghia