Gauge Pods

I did that mode last Scirocco :)  Took out the ash tray in the '79 and
replaced it with the 3 gauge set from an Audi.  With a little trimming it
fits quite nicely and looks almost stock.  Real nice place to put the
gauges for looks, But I found I did not like to keep taking my eyes off the
road to check on the gauges.

I need a place for a boost gauge and Exhaust temp.  I want to be able to
see them while driving, so the only spot I can think of is on the A pillar,
or possibly some kind of pod mounted on top the dash behind the steering
wheel.

Anyone have any suggestions