Bitterness/Rant (kinda long)

Not quite. An offer was made and once accepted, cannot be rescinded. The exception is if a counter-offer was made, then it would be Jeff making the offer to the seller, ending the original offer. If Jeff can prove that he went ahead and started making plans based on the idea that he was buying the car, then the offer should be valid and enforcable. I'm taking a course on Legal Environment of Business which started in Jan. The 1st two weeks were on torts, from then till the end it's about contracts, offers and related stuff. This doesn't mean I'm right or anything though, but from what I've learned it should work as such.

Dan

Allyn <amalventano@sc.rr.com> wrote:
> If you agreed to buy it for the price he asked and agreed to whatever
terms there were (if any), then legally he has to sell it to you. It's a
verbal contract. If you reaaaally want the car, talk to a lawyer.

> Dan

i would agree with this if money had changed hands, but i dont think it did,
so its not like he wasnt following a verbal contract, because no action was
actually begin to cause said verbal contract to be binding.
Al