was: Magnaflow = P.O.S. now: other mufflers

In a message dated 2/21/2004 2:19:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, aaunins20@hotmail.com writes:

> Magnaflow probably makes some other products that are o.k., like the
> stainless steel mufllers.  I e-mailed the company and the
> guy replied that

Even their stainless steel systems rust.  I've seen MK III owners have their's begin rusting after 2 months along the welds. Ironically whatever VW used from the factory is first class, I still have the original exaust on mine, no leaks, except for the downpipe flex joint.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta Vr6