  From: T. Reed
  To: Dan
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 9:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Rims

  Somebody want to clue me in about why this is?

  I've never run anything but 14's, but it was my understanding that running
  a lower profile tire will take away some of the "mushy" feel during hard
  cornering (its still there a little bit even with bilsteins + H&Rs), so
  I've been considering larger rims to keep the overall diameter the same.

  Obviously larger rims will have more metal and be heavier... nothing is
  without compromise. They'll probably bend easier, curb easier, and get
  stolen easier, too.. The appearance of the wheels is not really an issue
  for me.. I'm a "go fast" guy, not a "look like my car could go fast if I
  tried to" guy.

  Like I said, I've only been "considering" them. A Quaife is much higher up
  on the list..

  Anyway.. just wanted to hear some reasons why you guys decided you didn't
  like running larger rims?

  Thanks

  -Toby