Rattle and Bog

If you have a rattle, and it is indeed the catalytic monolith material that is
rattling in the housing, then that is more than likely the cause of your
stumble off idle...  It is causing too much back pressure because the material
is lightly cocked to one side or the other...  Had this happen on a 77 TII van
of all things, very frustrating...  I emptied the cat altogether (no
inspections around here, boy), and it made a huge difference...  Check your
local laws as far as removing the cat, etc...

HTH
--
Regards,
David Utley