adding relays after Euros are wired

You can add relays pretty easily using the following (rough) outline:

in the factory wiring harness at each pair of headlights there are:

1 ground wire
1 low beam wire
1 high beam wire

You need to add:

1 fused terminal 30 (battery positive) 12 guage for each relay
1 ground (to solid chassis ground or battery) 12 guage for each light pair

I would wire four relays, installed in pairs behind each headlight.  Run
your 12 guage hot wire to each side and split this into the lowbeam and
highbeam relays on each side.  Your 12 guage ground wires need to be run
to each headlight location and split to each light.

Use the factory wiring as "trigger" wires for your relays.  This maps out
well with one relay per light.  Your factory high and low circuits will be
on terminal 86 of the relays (these are white/yellow and white/bk
yellow/bk wires).  The factory grounds (brown) will go to terminal 85.
Your battery circuit will go to terminal 30 of the relays and you wire
your lights onto terminal 87 of the relays.  Some lighting relays have two
terminal 87's - this is handy for your highbeams, so you can run the
highbeam filament on the outer lights from one terminal and the inner
highs from the other.

Make sure all crimps are clean and TIGHT, and use wire loom to protect the
wires from chafing and keep them neat.  Install fuses as close to the
battery as possible.  I use factory VW relay plates (the ones that clip on
to the top of the later style fuse panels) to make the install clean and
relay replacement easy - but this requires the use of special connectors
that have retaining catches on them.

HTH,

Drew