Mirror refinishing??

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 11:20:08PM -0500, Chad Eatock wrote:
> The delamination on the rocco's mirrors is getting annoying...does anybody know if you can replace just the mirror inside each assembly?  Or refinish them or something?
> Chadster '87 16v

Sure, cou can replace the mirror glass.  It's held on by a locking ring
which you rotate by sticking a flat blade screwdriver through the holes in
the bottom of the housing.  The glass is not cheap, because it has a
built-in heating elemet.  If you have a junkyard nearby, the Scirocco
glass is the same as some of the older Passats.

Dan

--
There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could
force you to do something we'd all love one another.

		-- Frank Zappa.