Scirocco Cold Air Intake

Wow I had something like that back in the late 80's.  It had a mason jar screwed onto it.  If fact I still have it someewhere.  I will dig it up and take pictures of it for you.  I think I paid like $20 for it.  It was fun to watch the crap collect in it.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark <mardak@cogeco.ca>
Sent: Feb 14, 2004 6:06 PM
To: 'Chad Eatock' <ceatock@sympatico.ca>,
	'scirocco list' <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>,
	'Drew MacPherson' <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
Subject: RE: Scirocco Cold Air Intake

The oil is coming from the tube that runs from the valve cover to the
airbox. If you drive aggressively (cornering and high rpm) it becomes a
problem.  The best way to take care of this is to install an oil catch
tank, like this one:

http://www.nipponpower.com/accessories/catchcan/greddy_catchcan.html

It (according to the description) "collects the oil and moisture in the
blow-by gases that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake
system and the engine. It keeps the engine clean even under hard driving
conditions."

If you're a cheapass, you could run the tube into an old 1 litre oil
container.

** Disclaimer **  You probably won't pass the visual emissions
inspection unless you use a tank that can be vented back into the
intake.

HTH,

Mark.
75