bosch relays

When relaying your headlights you should relay each beam separately.  VW
fused each beam to prevent single points of failure (ie you blow a
headlight fuse and you lose both your lights when you're driving down the
road late one night and smash into a drunken cattlebeast that staggered
into your path.)  You should maintain this functionality by installing 4
relays, one each for right/left high/low.  To maximize redundnacy, use the
appropriate trigger wires for each relay - ie. for left low beam relay,
use the left lowbeam circuit, for the right lowbeam relay the right
lowbeam circuit etc.

Make sure that you either use colour coding consistent with the wiring on
the car or label the circuits (or document it and leave the paper above
the fuse panel) so that two years down the road you can troubleshoot the
wiring issues without having to tear the whole mess apart.

Drew