valve job

Well, when I busted my timing belt on my 16v it cost me 350 dollars to have a
shop redo the head. Oh and it was 60 dollars for a head gasket kit that came
with all of the gaskets needed.  It is fairly easy to remove just a bunch of
bolts that are all fairly easy to get to.  The trickiest part of the job will
be to re time the car and get it running smoothly which I did not know how to
do so I had the car towed to the local mech and he did it for 75 bucks. So
total cost for me to do it myself was around 500 bones.

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6