Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 1

scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:
The ONLY legal way for you to get this car is run the VIN or Plate
>through DMV and/or local Police and contact the owner.
>
>It's obviously abandoned, why not spend the time to do the research and
>possibly end up with some nice parts or a complete car to restore and
>drive.
>
>I have some contacts that can look up the plate and find the owner for
>you.......
Just for one more opinion, I live in Michigan, and last year I found a BMW
2002 parts car, it was in a field, I found the land owner and he said he didn't
know the owner of the car and gave me permission to haul it away. I brought it
to the back lot of a used car dealer friend via flatbed. We called the
sherrif who came down the same day and ran the VIN for owner/theft records etc. and
handed me the cleared application for lost title, which I took to the Sec.of
State and $15.00 later I had a processed application,10 days later a title. The
title was correct but did state it was a duplicate on the top and may be
subject to original owners rights, but they were long gone.  I stripped the car
and brought it to a sheetmetal scraper and made $45.00 for scrap.Michael