Fw: Hood replacement issues

Just picked up my new replacement hood for the rocc....I had to get new aluminum hinges and these little rubber washers?  My parts guy down at VW said it would need these washers....???  Does anybody know what is involved in putting on the new hood?  I looked under the rain tray to try and see whats going on in there but it's really difficult to see....I assumed it would be a pin and lock washer or something...but I am just wondering what these washers my VW man gave me are going to do?  Perhaps the wrong parts?  I dunno, and I would like to get this hood on without f**king things up.  Ciaou!!
Chadster - 1987 Scirocco 16V